Benefits of Massage
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Please call Bonnie directly at (417) 439-0324, or click here to schedule an appointment.
The art of the massage has many forms, each one has its own special unique healing powers on the human body. The Russian Sport massage is one such style that is incredibly effective when it comes to eradicating those aches and pains for all ages and levels of physical...read more
We rise early every morning and begin moving throughout our day. We hustle and bustle across busy streets and crowded intersections as we take our place within the “rat race” in an attempt to navigate our lives. When do we stop? When do we take a moment to realize...read more
Massage can have wonderful impact on your health and wellness. These benefits are compounded if the massages are scheduled regularly so as to maximize the benefit provided to the body. While the actual effects are numerous, here are five ways in which regular massage...read more