Benefits of Massage
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Please call Bonnie directly at (417) 439-0324, or click here to schedule an appointment.
A massage may sound like a good idea, but if you’ve never looked at all the possibilities and variations of massages that one may receive, it can be somewhat overwhelming. While they all serve a different purpose, each of them have a similar end goal, to better the...read more
If you’ve ever had the opportunity to experience a massage from a licensed massage therapist, you know how relaxing the experience can be. In our fast-paced society, these types of relaxation treatments are in high demand. Beyond creating a rejuvenating experience for...read more
Let’s face it—not all the massages in our past have been what we were hoping for. Maybe we just wanted to relax and had a therapist digging massaging way too hard, or perhaps we wanted some deep tissue work and our therapist’s touch was much too light. These things...read more