Benefits of Massage
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Please call Bonnie directly at (417) 439-0324, or click here to schedule an appointment.
As we march further into February, men and women across the country will begin frantically searching for that perfect gift to give their valentine. While some will opt for traditional gifts such as heart shaped chocolates, stuffed bears and roses, others will stray...read more
The new year is finally upon us and millions of people from across the globe will take this opportunity to turn a “new leaf” in their lives and will begin the new year with fresh resolutions. Some will attempt to break bad habits, while others will do their best to...read more
Christmas is wonderful time where friends and family gather together to celebrate the season of giving. Millions of people across the world will take the opportunity to express their love and appreciation by giving presents. However, we want to encourage you to also...read more