Benefits of Massage
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Please call us directly at (417) 624-4492, or click here to schedule an appointment.
Are you thinking about getting eyelash extensions? Maybe you've seen the amazing technique for enhancing your lashes on Instagram, or maybe you have a friend who just got an amazing new set of fluttery lashes. Whatever the reason, there are a few important things to...
Dermaplaning is a popular esthetic service that has been gaining a great deal of attention on social media lately. So what exactly is dermaplaning and what should you know before you try one of the year's hottest skincare services? Read below to find out! What is...
We have a lot of people who come to us in order to experience the healing benefits of massage therapy. While we offer a wide variety of treatments, one of those commonly asked about is the hot stone massage therapy. Hot stone massage therapy is a massage option which...