We at Executive Spa have gathered some of the top health benefits of adding regular massage therapy to your lifestyle which in turn promotes overall health and wellness. There are so many reasons to get massages, some people just want to relax, some people use it to manage pain. Whatever your reason is, here are some health benefits that come from Massage Therapy.
The long-term effects of stress can take not only emotional but physical tolls on the body. Especially if you’re stressing while sitting in class or at the office tightness and pain can quickly take over and make things worse. Massage therapy may relieve stress and conditions associated with it, such as tension headaches and general muscle tightness. Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress.
Boost Mental Health & Wellness
When you’re struggling with your mental health it can sometimes be nice to take the day and do something for yourself. Research suggests that symptoms of anxiety, stress, and depression (which are all associated with mental health) can be improved dramatically by massage therapy.
Increase Immune Function
Medical research shows that massage therapy often helps boost immune system strength. Getting regular massages increases the activity level of the body’s natural cells that help fight off viruses.
Being in pain throughout the day can negatively affect a person’s quality of life and slow down recovery from illness or injury. Recent research is highlighting the role of massage in pain management. Keeping your muscles relaxed and blood circulating in the areas that you typically experience pain can majorly contribute to the healing of that area.
Other Benefits of Massage
Massage can also help specifically address a number of very different and unique health issues. Massage Therapy and Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Get in touch with us today to schedule your massage! We offer a large variety of packages. You can find more information and schedule an appointment by filling out the form on our website.